oy, hands are sooo hard to do. in a drawing i tried to make a couple of weeks ago...i cheated. I drew an outline of my fingers, and then scanned them! LOL
I think next to the eyes, our hands are a strong indicator of our mood...our thoughts and emotions.
once a week i go to portraitdrawing, a 2 hour session, during which some people make just one or 2 portraits, i make more, but always sketchy.. sometimes feet too, or hands.. this afternoon i drew 16.. very fast ones of course... most of them are on flickr.. :)
or remotely holding hands ... hands are my favouite things to draw, spent about five years where they were the only yhings I enjoyed drawing ... I'm not remotely insane. I like your sketchy fast drawing :)
These hands look like they want ot cradle that remote...yes, the topic this week seems to invite all kinds of remote interpretations, and this one works quite well:> I like the color and the quickness of this.
A delightful, quick study. The concept of gestural drawing often goes undiscovered and here's a perfect example of it. Even though this is rough, you've captured that "live" feeling and I can almost see those hands moving!
Hi V. came to say thank you for valda tin, it was exactly like the ones from my childhood but without the dutch inscription ;-).Nice little present. We still get them like that...but it is not me who's going to buy one.
11 Comments:
oy, hands are sooo hard to do. in a drawing i tried to make a couple of weeks ago...i cheated. I drew an outline of my fingers, and then scanned them! LOL
I think next to the eyes, our hands are a strong indicator of our mood...our thoughts and emotions.
I envy that you can convey that.
once a week i go to portraitdrawing, a 2 hour session, during which some people make just one or 2 portraits, i make more, but always sketchy.. sometimes feet too, or hands.. this afternoon i drew 16.. very fast ones of course... most of them are on flickr.. :)
or remotely holding hands ... hands are my favouite things to draw, spent about five years where they were the only yhings I enjoyed drawing ... I'm not remotely insane. I like your sketchy fast drawing :)
or only remotely having to do with the subject.. *grin*
These hands look like they want ot cradle that remote...yes, the topic this week seems to invite all kinds of remote interpretations, and this one works quite well:> I like the color and the quickness of this.
this is a lovely drawing
A delightful, quick study. The concept of gestural drawing often goes undiscovered and here's a perfect example of it. Even though this is rough, you've captured that "live" feeling and I can almost see those hands moving!
Hi V. came to say thank you for valda tin, it was exactly like the ones from my childhood but without the dutch inscription ;-).Nice little present.
We still get them like that...but it is not me who's going to buy one.
I couldn't for the life of me finger this out until I read the caption. Heheh. I get it now.
Very evocative. I can practically feel the tension in in the cushion of the thumb.
A fine sketchbook hand study - you can never spend too much time drawing hands!
Post a Comment
<< Home