Monday, March 06, 2006

insect


dad's shed
Originally uploaded by vfm4.

i know, i know... not an insect in sight and yet..
i hated to go in here, as the place was infested with all sorts of INSECTS! and even more scary: BIG SPIDERS!

but in broad daylight i would grab my YashicaA twin eye lens and all my courage and make this photo, back in 1968 or so...

:-)

8 Comments:

Blogger irene said...

Haha, good one! I know how it feels, the fear of spiders. Where I live we have HUGE & HAIRY ones roaming the house, specially in the basement. When I have to go there, I take both cats with me to feel safe. They love spiderhunting!

3/06/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

But spiders are NICE! Love them... And they are very afraid of us...
;o)

3/09/2006 5:17 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Y'know, a few decent big spiders means a lot less cockroaches :).

There's something romantic and nostalgic about this pic - not scary at all really - but maybe where all grownups now. Lovely colours, the placement of linear shapes and textures and the few dark spots work well.

3/09/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger carla said...

You know...you were in my "comment" folder (I actually put people's links in a folder so I can come back an comment later when I have the time) from last week, but I never got a chance to come back and tell you how much I like this photo. What a scary feeling it is to know that all kinds of thisngs are lurking about, even though from the picture, it looks perfectly bug-less! I like the rustic look of the wood panels and the various objects on the shelves.

3/12/2006 2:53 AM  
Blogger TheTart said...

Hope you are doing well, thought I would check in & see whats cookin here... will check out your Flickr...

Take care,
The Tart!

3/14/2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

thanks all.. :)
now you're welcome to visit me on Flickr, Jody... :)

3/14/2006 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedankt voor je leuke bijdrage aan mijn weblog!

Fijne zondag nog!

3/26/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Is this a scan of that old photo then?

3/27/2006 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home