to be honest, there's a story to the warm colors and it shows there are no mistakes, just happy accidents: i started the drawing with rollerball and decided to give it some color, but instead of some light yellow it became dark purple! the rollerball ink had run out! i couldn't stand it, got really mad at myself but kept trying and adding aquarel and then gouache and more and more layers until at last this came out...
:-)
(makes note: have to buy a better quality rollerball or use only indian ink..)
I love your drawing...as a matter of fact it looked so good it inspired me to go look up a new recipe to use...not bad considering I don't cook anymore. Thanks for sharing...and it came out beautiful. Susan, KC,MO
Penny and Linda: i somehow think that everybody has used gouache in their youth.. it's the not transparent sort of watercolor. the good things about it is that it's very cheap and that you can keep working in it, contraire(?) to acrylics.. :-)
19 Comments:
Very nice garlic and onion, but think I'll take a bite from those nectarines :)
you're too late for the nectarines, i'm afraid.. they were delicious! :)
agree, very nice, beautiful warm colors
to be honest, there's a story to the warm colors and it shows there are no mistakes, just happy accidents:
i started the drawing with rollerball and decided to give it some color, but instead of some light yellow it became dark purple! the rollerball ink had run out! i couldn't stand it, got really mad at myself but kept trying and adding aquarel and then gouache and more and more layers until at last this came out...
:-)
(makes note: have to buy a better quality rollerball or use only indian ink..)
How beautiful! There's something about gouache - I really like what I've seen of it. That garlic really jumps off the page.
thank you very much, nancy.. :-)
Beatiful painting victorie! Did you use rollerball for the lines on the background? It adds a very nice texture to the painting. Love it.
Groetjes.
Your garlic is beautiful. Could I encourage you to also share the story about the colors on the list where others can learn from your happy accident?
Love this! Really nice paint handling.
thank you, Evy and yes, i did the fine lines with rollerball, but after that i took care to keep it dry.. :-)
thanks Karen and i'll try.. :-)
thank you, non-linear-arts.. :-)
I love your drawing...as a matter of fact it looked so good it inspired me to go look up a new recipe to use...not bad considering I don't cook anymore. Thanks for sharing...and it came out beautiful.
Susan, KC,MO
maybe i should have posted a recipe too... :-)
I agree with Penny - this makes me want to try guache, too! Beautiful - very solid and well done.
I really think the frustration and experimentation was worth it no? ... this came out very good. I love the depth of colors.
Penny and Linda: i somehow think that everybody has used gouache in their youth.. it's the not transparent sort of watercolor. the good things about it is that it's very cheap and that you can keep working in it, contraire(?) to acrylics.. :-)
you're right Kathleen Marie, and thank you.
having looked at what you're doing at your site, i'm sure you could do a much better job than i...
Post a Comment
<< Home